Tuesday, March 11, 2008

.the whole being.



my day today was one of not much productivity (well of the business/school sort), but i think it was necessary for my own growth. let me explain...

i left the house around 1pm to go to the gym, knocked out my 5.35 miles and then went straight to the high school to pick up one of my young life kids and hang out with her. she wanted to go to starbucks, so we did. we got there and got swept up in conversation - a deeper conversation than is normal with her. we talked about her boyfriend who now loves Jesus, her own walk with God, her relationship with her parents, her friendships, how we convey God to others, etc. it was really a solid conversation and in the midst of it, the man next to us came over and asked if we were christians.

all of a sudden, i remembered something - i had FORGOTTEN to put on makeup. i normally don't go anywhere after the gym, but today i did and i had no makeup on. but talking with my high school girl, talking about Jesus and real life, i had forgotten who i was on the outside for about an hour and then the man from the next table snapped me back into reality.

the funny thing was that yesterday, adorned with much makeup i was SOOOO self-conscious about everything i am and today, this random man in starbucks is complementing me because i look way younger than 27 and i'm a beautiful girl. God is good and never ceases to awe me. i literally switched from spiritual being to carnal being in 2 seconds - and then God so quickly reminded me that i am a "whole being" and i need to see myself as whole, complete, beloved and beautiful.

with that i leave a few pictures from a photo shoot i did yesterday for a few of my high school friends - both of them beautiful inside & out - their whole being, just as splendid as they appear.

thank God for that sweet reminder of belonging in Christ and allowing the soul to matter more than this earthly shell.

No comments: