This year I decided it would be best to mark tomorrow's holiday with the top 10 things I'm thankful for. It's hard for us to not be with family tomorrow (nor on Christmas Day this year), so I've found myself complaining about that instead of being thankful. I need help. Ha.
Bree's Top 10 for Thanksgiving
I'm thankful for…
- this crazy, amazing, beautiful, real group of college gals I get to do life with on Thursday nights and beyond.
- Maggie - the sweetest golden retriever that we somehow are lucky enough to have in our little family.
- my grandpas - I know that may seem strange, but I think being pregnant makes you think about the relationships you treasured growing up - my grandpas were great men. I miss them.
- my friends & family - if you know me at all, you know I love my people. I am so rich in relationships it's ridiculous and I'm crazy grateful.
- my health - I had a bit of a strange summer with my health and I can tell you I've never been more thankful for it than I have this year.
- new friendships in SLO - it's hard to be "new in town" and we really made some awesome friends this year, I don't take that for granted.
- my new job - I LOVED working for IMPACT. It challenged me and grew me beyond my imagination, but I am equally as thankful for my new job with Students International that allows me to do something I'm passionate about, but gives me the flexibility to be home much of the time with my family.
- God's grace - I've learned this year that He is so gracious with us to let us be where we are, where we need to be, His expectations of us are often different than our expectations of ourselves, so glad about that.
- Jarred - he is a loyal, faithful, hard-working, tender-hearted, loving, care-taking, delightful husband and I'm so thankful for the gift it is to be his wife. Crazy how much we've become a family these last few years.
- the life growing inside of me - wow. This is the #1 thing we are crazy grateful for this year. We see God's handprint all over this little life - the timing, how it's changed us, how loved this kid will be - and we could not be more excited or thankful… for life and for this next season.