Sunday, January 6, 2008

.motivation.

how does one really get motivated to do something? i mean, obviously it has to be internal, intrinsic. something inside you has to say - "okay, here i go, i'm gonna do this." but how do you force your mind to convince your body that it wants to do that? it's a battle, a struggle, a constant fight for me to get my body to actually do what my mind says it should be doing. for instance - my mind says, "get up and run 8 miles, you're running a 1/2 marathon in 4 weeks." my body says, "ya frickin' right. fat chance." my mind says, "go out of your comfort zone, meet new people, branch out." my body says, " i'm scared. i can't do that. i like the monotony and safety of my life." so i guess it's a 2008 goal - to get my body to extrinsically do what my mind is telling me is best for me. so, 2008 - here we go. body, listen. mind, continue to speak truth.

No comments: