Wednesday, December 17, 2008

.the atypical gripe.

i have a gripe tonight against someone who you could say has become a dear friend over the last 10 or 15 years of my life. don't take this as an insulting-our-friendship-is-over type of gripe. so not the case. it's just a venting-type of gripe because i need to get it out. this complaint is being filed against my well-loved, well-traveled, well-respected friend, southwest airlines.

now, i must say i did arrive only 10 minutes late in total travel time - a marvel for most airlines these days and a marvel for any air travel considering today's weather on the west coast. i made my connection by about 4 minutes and got to texas just in time. for that i'm grateful (because isn't the rule always to compliment before speaking truth?).

my complaint is this:
i made it, but my luggage did not.

this is not the end of the world. what is a bit frustrating is that it was allegedly arriving at 10:10, and when i called at 10:20, that flight is delayed until 11:45pm. i get it, it happens. their solution to this is to deliver my luggage here to my parents' house shortly after it arrives, but they call when they're on their way. did you hear that? they call on their way - at 12:30 in the morning.

so you mean to tell me that first you lose my luggage at 10 am and then you call and wake me up in the middle of the night to let me know you're bringing it? fan-flippin'-tastic. just how i wanted to start my vacation... but southwest, tomorrow, once i have my underwear and toothbrush back (not to mention my entire family's christmas gifts), i will be fine and we will be friends again.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

i didn't know you had a blog!! we can be blogger friends now (in addition to real friends). Last Christmas the airline lost my bag and I didn't get it for a few days...not hair product, no make up, no coat (in freezing Oregon!!), no clothes for like 3 days. It sucked. I'm with ya--but at least I didn't get woken up in the middle of the night...well, maybe by Kelly but that's routine.