Tuesday, June 2, 2009

.glimpses.

this week i'm getting glimpses.



i remember blogging a few months ago, early in the year about how much i am desperate to have this fog lift. how much i feel like i'm scared that this season will last forever and my soul will be in a dormant desert for a long, long time.

this weekend, the fog lifted. THANK YOU, JESUS. man, was i ready for that! but seriously i'm not sure how to live without the fog yet. i'm learning. i'm getting glimpses. here are some:

- i'm starting to see that what He has next for me is not for me to worry about or control. HE'S GOT ME.
- i'm starting to see that it's about my soul, when my soul is being cared for and sharpened, He is glorified in me.
- I'm starting to get glimpses of His love for people and the way He sees them, which in turn is teaching me to love.
- i'm starting to understand "the fog" and learn how to walk with others in it.
- i'm starting to be excited that the life He has for me finds meaning in surrender, and that, speaks volumes to others.
- I'm starting to recognize that "the fog" in the desert is so necessary for growth
- i'm starting to see my joy restored and am learning to play again.

this will be a process and i'm realizing it won't happen overnight, but i could not be more grateful for the smile that creeps across my face at the most unexpected times in the day and for the ways that people are noticing that "i'm back." indeed i am and i'm a different person with so much more to bring to the table. Jesus, you are good. so good.

thank you for the glimpses.

No comments: