where in the world am i, you might ask? currently i am sitting in a house that is nearing 200 years old, looking at yellow tulips that my grandma gave me as a welcome gift, feeling like i need to go for a LONG run soon because of the excess number of pastries and cheese i have consumed in the last week. i. love. europe. and if i don't come home, don't hate me.
you see, for me, europe feels like coming "home" in a sense of the word. this trip was 3 days in spain and then a week in holland. spain felt like home because i spent a semester there in college and holland feels like home because well, it is the homeland. so many of our meals, traditions and even looks and mannerisms are fully Dutch . i love the feeling of belonging somewhere. it's been a great week.
i know you're dying for some highlights:
- the amazingness that was our apartment in barcelona... seriously, the views and the apartment itself were bomb. and REALLY good priced for a 6 bedroom apartment. feliz.
- sardining ourselves into european elevators... it's fantastic. and my dad? he totally loves it, don't let him fool you.
- bitchin' restaurants with 300 degree ocean views and the quaintest little coffee shops that make my soul happy.
- a boyfriend who is incapable of normalcy in pictures... good gracious i love this guy.
- really fantastical beach towns in spain -
holland to follow... stay tuned!