Tuesday, November 17, 2009

.#4 - cowboy boots.

so i'm a girl that delivers on my promises and follows through with my commitments probably about 96% of the time, especially when i'm determined. so i will conquer this list...

on my birthday, i went to nordstrom because it just seemed like the right thing to do on your birthday, ya know? it's one of those "make you feel good" kinda things to do on a day when you're supposed to feel good about your life. and then i thought, "i have some birthday money, maybe i'll go check out the cowboy boots." so i mosey on over there and lo and behold - i find some boots that i really really liked. sad part is, the size they had available was 1/2 size smaller than mine. bust!

so i settled for a "charge send" which for those of you who have worked retail, that's all-too-familiar and for those of you who haven't, it's just what it sounds like - you charge them to send the item. so unnecessary to explain that, but it just brought me back to my days in college at GAP Kids which may actually be getting a phone call from me if i don't get a job soon :)

anyhow, boots have arrived.

i wore them today for the first time and they are GLORIOUS! they make me wanna zip back to texas and do a little two-steppin.'

they're real comfy and real nice and i'm dang glad that i had birthday money to spend on one of the greatest investments of all time.

in this segment, i'd like to take the time to thank nordstrom for excellent customer service and charge-sending skills, my grandma for giving me the birthday money with which to buy my ever-so-coveted boots, texas for raisin' me up to love me some cowboy boots and jessica simpson (don't judge me, i didn't know they were hers until i saw the box, swear) for making boots that i deemed worth buying. and my parents, of course, my parents for bringing me into this world so that i'd have a reason to buy birthday boots.

whew... i need a tissue.

4 down, 26 to go. i...will...not...give...up.

No comments: